1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

XT goes home to Tokyo

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Landshark, May 2, 2014.

1. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Both XTs have been flawless, although I find myself using the 10-24 98% of the time, feeling bad for the other lenses I brought.
    Anyway here is a small sample of what I am shooting here. All images are reduced a lot, most run through PS and NIK HDR
    Most of these ar from the outer part of the Tsukiji Market (worlds largest fish market)

• Like Like x 10
  2. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    one more for now, one of the things I collect is Japanese cooking knives some factory ones, mostly handmade and some custom ones.
    Well on this trip I was able to reconnect with a Sushi chef I used to go to. He turned me on to this 140 plus year old, 5 generation knife store here that was just so cool that I had to my collection.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I'm heartened to see that there is still a more "rustic" side to Tokyo rather than only the ridiculously modern view I see through regular media channels.

4. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Actually for me Tokyo is the perfect blend of super modern and super traditional, everything from steel and glass modern skyscrapers to paper, ceramic and wood structures, street venders with noodles to Starbucks and Baskin Robbins. Amazing city, off to the more traditional Kyoto tomorrow.

5. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    i need paper walls!
    and a hammock (not made of paper)

6. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    here is some more from the market
    looking for a sushi breakfast

waiting in line for that breakfaast

eating that breakfast

touring the fish market

fish chart at the market

• Like Like x 2
  7. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    fish for sale

processing the fish

empty stall

done for the day

shrimp selection

• Like Like x 2
  8. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    needle nose fish

octopus

anchovy

cuttlefish

and talking tuna heads

• Like Like x 2
  9. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    That is a beautiful series! You indeed show a different part of Tokyo. Thanks for sharing!
    Peter

10. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Hey Bob - on that "Empty Stall" shot above, I see what looks similar to some colorful discoloration / noise I've gotten a few times on my X-T1 when shooting at very high ISO... is that the case there?

11. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    I do no think so, I looked at the original frame and there is a slight blue cast inside the booth but nowhere as much as what we see here. But that is to be expected with the amount of different colored light sources in the place plus my playing with the image in HDR. All of that has more to due with the color than any high ISO issue. But then again we are pushing the envelope on these chips at such low light levels when shot with multiple light sources, they have a hard time figuring out was is normal.
    In the end, I am not trying to be accurate, I want to play and push the image. In this shot I like what is happening even it is wrong.

12. kwaphoto

kwaphoto SC Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Colorado, USA
    Ken W. Andrews
    Bob, I really enjoyed these photos! Seeing a side of Tokyo I've never seen before. It seems much more fascinating now that it has previously to me. I'll have to add it my list of places to travel to when the kids are older :) That "shrimp selection" sort of ruined my appetite for shrimp though! LOL!!!

13. NickLarsson

NickLarsson SC Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    Paris, France
    Great series, thanks for sharing.