Fuji XT goes home to Tokyo

Landshark

PhotoDog
Name
Bob
Actually for me Tokyo is the perfect blend of super modern and super traditional, everything from steel and glass modern skyscrapers to paper, ceramic and wood structures, street venders with noodles to Starbucks and Baskin Robbins. Amazing city, off to the more traditional Kyoto tomorrow.

That is a beautiful series! You indeed show a different part of Tokyo. Thanks for sharing!
Peter

Hey Bob - on that "Empty Stall" shot above, I see what looks similar to some colorful discoloration / noise I've gotten a few times on my X-T1 when shooting at very high ISO... is that the case there?

I do no think so, I looked at the original frame and there is a slight blue cast inside the booth but nowhere as much as what we see here. But that is to be expected with the amount of different colored light sources in the place plus my playing with the image in HDR. All of that has more to due with the color than any high ISO issue. But then again we are pushing the envelope on these chips at such low light levels when shot with multiple light sources, they have a hard time figuring out was is normal.
In the end, I am not trying to be accurate, I want to play and push the image. In this shot I like what is happening even it is wrong.

Bob, I really enjoyed these photos! Seeing a side of Tokyo I've never seen before. It seems much more fascinating now that it has previously to me. I'll have to add it my list of places to travel to when the kids are older :) That "shrimp selection" sort of ruined my appetite for shrimp though! LOL!!!

Back