Ye Olde and misty morning

Discussion in 'Ricoh GR (APS-C) Forum' started by Iansky, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Came across these interesting subjects recently, the car was in town when I was going home and came across the car outside the church so had a quick chat with the driver and grabbed the shot.

The second shot was an old disused petrol station with the old pumps still intact - just had to stop and grab the image.

The misty image I took on the way to work as it really appealed to me.

Once again the GR delivered!

Morning mist.

The old pumps.

The wedding car.

• Like Like x 14
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    The car's a bit too sweet for my taste, but the other two I really like. Any idea how long those pumps have been out of use?

• Like Like x 1
  3. RT Panther

RT Panther SC All-Pro

Dec 25, 2012
    #1 & 3# :smile::smile::smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks Both,

I have no idea about the pumps as they were in a small village and there was no-one around, I would imagine quite a few years by the state of the pumps and surrounding area.

We have certainly not had pumps like these in the UK for a very long time - 20+yrs at least.

5. Really like the last two.

• Like Like x 1
  6. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Love the second one. One of my not-yet-started-but-will-be-when-I-get-the time projects is derelict petrol stations.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks Dave & Martin,

The petrol pumps were a complete fluke and a pleasant surprise so just had to stop and grab the shot.

There cant be many of these type pumps around anymore.

8. MiguelATF

MiguelATF SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
    Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Truly great images and photographs.

I personally find the middle one - of the petrol pumps - jaw-droopingly cool.

It's almost enough to make a person violate their strict anti-GAS vow and acquire a GR.....but I still have some remnants of will-power left.
    But these are really fine photographs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks Miguel,

The GR is a great investment and for me I have found myself using it more than my other cameras for impromptu photos as it is always with me.

They have come down in price considerably and I was lucky enough to get a good trade in price for some disused kit so managed to get it for £300 rather than the normal £499 selling price here in the UK.

I have no hesitation in recommending the GR to any enthusiast photographer, it is small enough to fit in a pocket and good enough to deliver great images - winner all round

10. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    • Like Like x 2