Zeiss launching AF lenses for Fuji X-mount

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Pelao, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    This may have been noted elsewhere. For Nex too it seems.

From Zeiss blog:
    New Family of Lenses for Mirrorless System Cameras | Camera Lens Blog

Major points:

1. Three prime lenses are already in development: 2.8/12, 1.8/32 and 2.8/50 macro.

2. The lenses for the X-bayonet will come with a manual aperture setting.

Nice endorsement of the X-mount.
  2. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Interesting that they are supporting the X mount but yet are still "watching" the M43s mount. I'm sure that once you have an APS lens it's far easier to adapt it to other mounts, but still, M43s is the most mature of the mirrorless cameras. Happy to have Zeiss lenses for any of these cameras, though. Would love to see the C Sonnar 50/1.5 in one of these mounts!
  3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Great news for mirrorless cameras. I might add though, that I have a hard time believing the argument that image stabilisation isn't useful for wider angle lenses.
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I suspect that, similar to 4/3, third party lens manufacturers will consider it problematic to make lenses for a different sized sensor, and will just adapt larger format lenses if they choose to release a m4/3 mount lens. Thankfully, both Panasonic and Olympus already have a lot of options well covered and are continuing to release and announce more.
  5. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    Agreed. I have been extremely happy with the Fuji lenses but I do think these will sell.

I'm really excited about the upcoming Fuji 23, 56, and 27mm pancake lens.

By end of 2013 Fuji will have pretty much everthing covered. I doubt you will see anything longer than the 200mm zoom. It's just not that type of camera. They will probably be out soon. You can see actual photos of them here. That pancake is really small!!!!!!!!! The 10-24 is smaller than I thought it would be: