Fuji Zeiss launching AF lenses for Fuji X-mount

Interesting that they are supporting the X mount but yet are still "watching" the M43s mount. I'm sure that once you have an APS lens it's far easier to adapt it to other mounts, but still, M43s is the most mature of the mirrorless cameras. Happy to have Zeiss lenses for any of these cameras, though. Would love to see the C Sonnar 50/1.5 in one of these mounts!

Interesting that they are supporting the X mount but yet are still "watching" the M43s mount. I'm sure that once you have an APS lens it's far easier to adapt it to other mounts, but still, M43s is the most mature of the mirrorless cameras.

I suspect that, similar to 4/3, third party lens manufacturers will consider it problematic to make lenses for a different sized sensor, and will just adapt larger format lenses if they choose to release a m4/3 mount lens. Thankfully, both Panasonic and Olympus already have a lot of options well covered and are continuing to release and announce more.

Nice endorsement of the X-mount.

Agreed. I have been extremely happy with the Fuji lenses but I do think these will sell.

I'm really excited about the upcoming Fuji 23, 56, and 27mm pancake lens.

By end of 2013 Fuji will have pretty much everthing covered. I doubt you will see anything longer than the 200mm zoom. It's just not that type of camera. They will probably be out soon. You can see actual photos of them here. That pancake is really small!!!!!!!!! The 10-24 is smaller than I thought it would be:

Prototypowe obiektywy dla systemu Fujifilm X - Optyczne.pl

Back